Choose an answer from the three choices and True or False offered after each question and then "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the quiz.
1. Coffee was discover around 800 A.D. in what country?
2. What is NOT a name for coffee?
3. The two main cultivated species of the coffee plant are Coffea
canephora and Coffea arabica.
4. Colombian coffee is grown in Colombia. What is the logo of the
- Margot Kidder
- Juan Valdez
- Christopher Columbus
5. Java coffee is a coffee produced on the island of Java. However,
in the United States what does java mean?
- Horse racing
- Hawaiian tea
6. Kona coffee is the market name for a variety of coffee (Coffea
arabica) cultivated on the slopes of Mount Hualalai and Mauna Loa in
the North and South Kona Districts of the Big Island of Hawaii. It is a
very inexpensive coffee.
7. What nation is the largest exporter of coffee?
8. What is the method which forces hot, but not boiling, pressurized
water through ground coffee.
- French Press
9. The first coffeehouse, Kiva Han, was opened in Istanbul.
What was the year?
10. Where did the first coffeehouses in Western Europe appear, the
very first one is recorded in 1645.
- 1. Ethiopia
- 2. kaldi
- 3. True
- 4. Juan Valdez
- 5. Coffee
- 6. False. It is an expensive coffee
- 7. Brazil
- 8. Espresso
- 9. 1457
- 10. Venice
Page 1 of 1