Jelly beans are a type of confectionery that comes in many different
(primarily fruit) flavors. They are small (the size of a red kidney bean
or smaller) and generally have a hard candy shell and gummy interior.
The confection is primarily made of sugar.
What do you know about Jelly Beans? Grab a handful of this quick
The gummy interior of the jelly bean may trace its origins back hundreds
of years to a candy called Turkish Delight, while the outside shell is
essentially the same as that developed in the late 17th century for what
2. The earliest known appearance of the modern jelly bean was during
the American Civil War when promoted sending the candy to soldiers in
the Union Army. Who lead the program in sending candy to the troops?
3. Jelly beans became an Easter candy, presumably from their
resemblance to Easter eggs. Their egg-like shape was then associated
with the Easter bunny, who gave out eggs on Easter. About when did it
become an Easter candy?
4. In the 1980s, who was President of the United States, he was known
for keeping a jar of Jelly Belly jelly beans on his desk, which was
credited with helping to increase the candy's popularity in the U.S.?
5. What are the three basic ingredients of jelly beans?
6. What is the standard flavor of a red jelly bean?
7. What is the spiced flavor of a red jelly bean?
8. What is the standard flavor of a yellow jelly bean?
9. What is the spiced flavor of a red jelly bean?
10. In United States slang in the 1910s and early 1920s a "Jelly
bean" or "Jellybean" was a young man who made great
efforts to dress very stylishly, presumably to attract women, but had
little else to recommend him; similar to the older terms dandy
and fop and the slightly later drugstore cowboy. However,
the word was also used as a synonym for pimp. True or False?