Burger King E-Z Quiz
What do you know about Burger King?
Stop and grab a bit of this quick Fast Food
Your Answers" at the end of the page.
Take 2 points for each right
answer. Maximum this page: 20 points!
Burger King's first restaurant was opened on December 4, 1954 in a
suburb of Miami, Florida by James McLamore and David Edgerton; both
alumni of the Cornell University School of Hotel Administration.
was the original name?
- King of Burgers
- InstaBurger King
- Burger Chef
2) By 1959, BK had grown to five regional stores in and around the
metropolitan Miami area. About this time, McLamore and Edgerton decided
to expand BK nationally by using a franchising system; a popular method
for expansion due to its low capital cost for the parent company. They
formed Burger King Corporation as the parent and began selling
territorial franchise licenses to private owners across the US.
stores did they have in 1959?
3) In 1967, after eight years of private operation,
Burger King and its parent company Burger King Corporation?
- Procter and Gamble
- Pillsbury Company
4) When was Burger King sold to the British alcoholic beverage
manufacturer and distributor Grand Metropolitan PLC.
5) Burger King acquired many locations of its major UK rival when the
parent company bought the brand from its previous owner United Biscuits
and re-branded them as Burger King.
What was the brand?
- Delicious Burgers
6) In 1997, Grand Metropolitan merged with another beverage firm to
form a company called Diageo. Diageo maintained ownership of BKC until
2001 when Diageo decided to focus solely on their beverage products and
divest itself of the chain.
Who was the other beverage firm?
7) On May 18, 2006, Burger King began trading on the New York Stock
Exchange under the ticker symbol BKC and generated $425 million in
revenue, the largest IPO of a US-based restaurant chain on record.
8) When was the Whopper introduced?
9) Burger King claims its burgers taste better than its competition's
(McDonald's and Wendy's) fried burgers. WHEN did the
10) What year did they launch a $70 million French fry advertising