Ice Cream Trivia
What do you know about Ice Cream Trivia? Stop and grab
a bit of this quick quiz.
Your Answers" at the end of the page.
1. Mesopotamia has the earliest icehouses in existence, 4,000 years
ago, beside the Euphrates River, where the wealthy stored items to keep
2. The earliest reference to ice cream given by the Oxford English
Dictionary. What was the date?
3. Who introduced ice cream into America?
- Dutch settlers
- Spanish settlers
- Quaker settlers
4. Around 1832, Augustus Jackson, an African American confectioner,
not only created multiple ice cream recipes, but he also invented a
superior technique to manufacture ice cream.
5. A chemical research team in Britain discovered a method of
doubling the amount of air in ice cream, which allowed manufacturers to
use less of the actual ingredients, thereby reducing costs.
Who was a
member of this team?
- Queen Elizabeth II
- Agnes Moorehead
- Margaret Thatcher
6. Before the cone became popular for serving ice cream, in English
speaking countries, Italian street vendors would serve the ice cream in
a small glass dish referred to as a "penny lick" or wrapped in
waxed paper. What was it known as?
7. What is an Italian frozen dessert having a lower milk fat content
than ice cream and stabilized with ingredients such as eggs?
8. What is fruit puree with no dairy products?
- Fruit Slushy
9. What is made from balls of crushed ice topped with sweet syrup
served in a paper cone, are consumed in many parts of the world?
- Snow balls
- Snow cones
- Snow mountains
10. What is 1-2% milk fat and sweeter than ice cream?