Emeril John Lagasse (born October 15, 1959) is an American celebrity
chef, restaurateur, television personality, and cookbook author.
What do you know about Emeril Lagasse? Stop and
grab a bit of this quick quiz. "Check Your Answers"
at the end of the page.
1) Born October 15, 1959, in the city of Fall River, Massachusetts,
he is raised by his French-Canadian father, Emeril Jr., and his
Portuguese mother, Hilda. Where is Emeril born?
- Quebec, Canada
- Emeril, Portugal
- New Orleans, Louisiana
- Fall River, Massachusetts
2) He graduated from Johnson & Wales University in 1978 and the
university later awarded him an honorary doctorate.
3) Who does he marry in October 1978?
- Elizabeth Kief
- Betty Simpson
- Irene Ryan
- Peggy Castle
4) In 1982, who does Lagasse replace as executive chef of the famed
New Orleans restaurant Commander's Palace?
- Tyler Florence
- Morgan Freeman
- Randy Travis
- Paul Prudhomme
5) Lagasse initially gains fame in the culinary world as executive
chef of Commander's Palace. After leaving Commander's he opens his
first restaurant, Jackson's, in New Orleans, Louisiana, in 1990.
6) What TV Show does Lagasse first appear on?
- The Frugal Gourmet
- Great Chefs
- America Cooks
7) Lagasse briefly starred in a self-titled TV
sitcom on NBC during the fall 2001 season with Robert Urich, but it
was canceled after several episodes and widely panned by critics.
8) What is NOT a
famous Emeril catchphrases?
- kick it up a notch
- aw, yeah, babe
- kiss it goodbye
9) On February 19, 2008, Martha Stewart Living
Omnimedia announced it had acquired the rights to all Emeril
products including cookware, cookbooks, television shows and food
products in a $50 million agreement. Lagasse retains rights to his
restaurants and corporate offices.
10) Lagasse has written several best-selling
cookbooks, what is NOT a Emeril cookbook?
- Emeril's New New Orleans Cooking
- Louisiana Real and Rustic
- Louisiana Cooking My Style
- Emeril 20-40-60: Fresh Food Fast