Annette Joanne Funicello was born on October 22, 1942 to
Italian-Americans Joseph and Virginia Funicello.
Where was Annette born?
- Buffalo, New York
- Ithaca, New York
- Utica, New York
2) In 1955, the 12-year-old was discovered
by Walt Disney when she performed as the Swan Queen in Swan Lake
at a dance recital in Burbank, California. Disney cast her
as one of the original "Mouseketeers". She was the last to
be selected, and the only one personally picked by Walt Disney
3) Annette proved to be very popular and by
the end of the first season of Mickey Mouse Club, she was
receiving many letters a month, according to her Disney Legends
How many letters did she receive a month?
4) In a hayride scene in the Annette serial
she performed the song that launched her singing career.
What was the song?
- "How Will I Know My Love"
- "It's a Small World"
- "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow"
5) What is NOT
a hit song for Annette?
- "Pineapple Princess"
- “Tall Paul”
- “The Shaggy Dog”
6) The plot for Beach Party (1963) is about
an anthropologist, Professor Robert Orwell Sutwell. He is
secretly studying the "wild mating habits" of Southern
California teenagers who hang out at the beach and use strange
Who is Annette’s character?
7) In Beach Blanket Bingo, Annette played Dee Dee.
Who played Sugar Kane?
- Linda Evans
- Marta Kristen
- Deborah Walley
8) Annette was married to her first husband,
Jack Gilardi, from 1965 until 1981. They had three children:
Gina (b. 1966), Jack, Jr. (b. 1970) and Jason (b. 1974).
When did she marry Glen Holt.
9) She began to suffer from dizzy spells, but kept her
failing health from her family.
Funicello announced in 1992
that she suffers from multiple sclerosis. She had kept her
condition a secret for many years, but felt it necessary to go
public to combat rumors that her impaired ability to walk was
the result of alcoholism.
10) Her autobiography is A Dream Is a Wish
Your Heart Makes: My Story. The title is taken from a song from
the Disney movie Cinderella.
When was the book