What do you know about Alan
Enjoy this FUN Celebrities Trivia quiz.
Answers" at the end of the quiz.
Alan Walbridge Ladd born on September 3, 1913.
Where was he born?
- Clinton, Arkansas
- Little Rock, Arkansas
- Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
2. Burdened with a hated nickname ("Tiny"), the
then-5'4" student fell under the spell of high school dramatics and
set his mind toward becoming an actor.
3. What was the 1942 movie that made Alan Ladd a star?
- This Gun for Hire
- Unfinished Rainbow
- Skirmish on the Home Front
4. What was the 1948 western film that had play a railroad detective
assigned to stop a gang of train robbers?
- The Light of Western Star
- In Old Missouri
- Whispering Smith
5 Branded is a 1950 western film starring Alan Ladd, Mona
Freeman, Charles Bickford, and Robert Keith. It was adapted from the novel
Montana Rides Again.
Who wrote the novel?
- Zane Grey
- Max Brand
- Milburn Stone
6. Shane is a 1953 western film made by Paramount Pictures. It
was produced and directed by George Stevens from a screenplay by A.B.
Guthrie Jr., based on the 1949 novel of the same name by Jack Schaefer.
Who played the character Joey Starrett?
- Jean Arthur
- Van Heflin
- Brandon De Wilde
7. In 1978, he made The Proud Rebel.
Who played his son in the
- Harry Dean Stanton
- David Ladd
- John Carradine
8. In 1960, he played in Guns of the Timberland. Singer Frankie Avalon
plays Bert Harvey.
Who plays Frankie's love interest, Jane Peterson?
- Jeanne Crain
- Verna Felton
- Alana Ladd
9. Thanks to wise business investments, Ladd became a wealthy man, with
properties in Beverly Hills and, in Palm Springs, Alan Ladd Hardware.
10. He was married twice.
Who was his wife from 1942 and until his
death in 1964.
- Marjorie Jane Harrold
- Jean Arthur
- Sue Carol
11. Where is Alan Ladd buried?
- Holy Cross Memorial Gardens, Palm Springs, California
- Forest Lawn Memorial Park Cemetery, Glendale, California
- Pasadena Memorial Park Cemetery, Pasadena, California