Cooking Light Hummingbird
Prep Time: 20 min.
Baking Time: 25 min.
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 2 - cups (plus 2 teaspoons)
all-purpose flour (divided)
- 1 - teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1-3/4 - cups sugar
- 1-3/4 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 - large eggs
- 1/2 - cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 - Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1-3/4 cups mashed banana (about 4 to
- 1-1/2 - teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 can (8-ounes) crushed pineapple (undrained)
Cheese Frosting (see below)
Preheat oven to 350�
F. Coat 3 round (9-inch) cake pans with cooking spray.
Sprinkle 2 teaspoons flour evenly into pans (shaking to coat).
- In a large bowl, you want to combine
3-cups flour, baking soda, sugar, salt, and cinnamon.
- In a small bowl, stir together the
eggs, applesauce and oil.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture and
stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (You don't want to
- Stir in mashed banana, vanilla, and
pineapple. Pour batter into pans.
- Bake for 23 to 25 minutes or until a
wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool pans on wire racks for 10
min. Remove cake from pans and complexly cool on wire racks.
- Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between
layers and on top and sides of cake.
Prep Time: 5 min.
- 1 - package (8-ounces) reduced-fat
cream cheese (un-softened)
- 1 package (3-ounces) cream cheese
- 1 - Tablespoon light butter
- 6 - cups powdered sugar
- 1 - teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup pecans (chopped and toasted)
- With your electric mixer
beat cream cheeses and light butter at high speed until creamy.
- Slowly add powered
sugar, beating at low speed just until smooth.
- Stir in vanilla and
- Spread over cake.
Per slice: Calories 407
(21% from fat)
Fat 9.5 (sat 2.9g, mom 3.2g, poly 2.1g)
Protein 4.6g, Carb 78g, Fiber 1.7g
Chol 33mg, Iron 1.3mg
Sodium 184 mg, Calc 31mg