An Apple-A-Day Pork Chops
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 20 min.
- 6 - boneless pork loin chops (4-ounces
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 to 1-12/ - Tablespoons dried rosemary
- 1/2 to 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 to 3/4 - teaspoon freshly ground
- 1 - medium-size Red Delicious apple
(peeled & chopped)
- 1/2 - cup golden raisins
- 1/2 - cup currants
- 2 - teaspoons olive oil
- 3/4 - cup apple cider
- Rosemary sprig (garnish)
- Apple slices (garnish)
- You want to coat both sides of pork chops
evenly with cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine rosemary, alt
and pepper. Rub mixture evenly on both side of pork.
- In a large skillet over medium high
heat, cook apple, raisins, and currants in hot oil. Cook for 5
minutes and stirring often.
- Add 1/4-cup apple cider, stirring
constantly, until most liquid is evaporated.
- Add remaining cider, and cook 15
minutes or until mixture is thickened.
- Cook pork chops in a large skillet,
coat with cooking spray, over medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each
side or until done.
- Top with apple mixture and garnish
with rosemary sprigs and/or apple slices.
Per serving: Calories
286 (34% from
Fat 10.9g (sat 3.3g, mono 5g, poly 1.1g)
Protein 24.5g, Carb 23g, Fiber 1.4g
Chol 68mg, Iron 1.9mg
Sodium 276mg, Calc 38mg