Hawaiian Ham & Swiss Sandwich
You find this sandwich the perfect combination
of pineapple and ham with the bite of jalapeno peppers.
Makes 8 sandwiches
Prep Time: 10 min.
- 1 large green bell pepper
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 1 jalapeno chile pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 package (8-ounce) fat free cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8-ounce) crushed pineapple, well-drained
- 16 slices whole wheat bread
- 8 leaf lettuce leaves
- 1 pound sliced deli reduced fat ham
- 8 slices (1-ounce) Deli Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese
- Cut 8 rings each from red and green bell peppers; set
- Finely chop remaining bell peppers.
- Combine chopped bell peppers, chopped
cheese and pineapple in medium bowl. Mix well.
- Spread 1 side of each bread slice with 2 tablespoons
- Layer 1 bread slice, spread-side up, with 1 slice cheese,
1 lettuce leaf, 1/8 ham, 1 red pepper ring, 1 green pepper
ring and 1 bread slice, spread-side down.
Nutrition Facts (1 sandwich):
Calories: 340, Fat: 9g, Cholesterol: 50mg
Sodium: 960mg, Carbohydrates: 40g
Dietary Fiber: 5g, Protein: 29g
Page 1 of 1