Turkey Breast With
Prep Time: 30 min.
Baking Time: 2 hrs.
- 12 ounces
- 2 cups dried bread cubes
- 1 cup
- 1/2 cup chopped dried
- 1/4 cup
- 1/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 ribs (1 cup)
- 1 medium (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon dried
- 1/8 teaspoon ground
- 1 bone-in
turkey breast (5 to
- 3 Tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
1) You want to brown sausage in 10-inch
skillet over medium heat and drain off fat.
2) In a large bowl, combine browned
sausage and bread cubes, pecans, apricots, 1/4 cup butter, chicken
broth, celery, onion, salt, sage, and pepper.
3) Gently loosen skin from turkey in neck
area to make large area to stuff.
4) Stuff with enough sausage mixture to
fill and secure skin flap with toothpicks.
5) Place remaining sausage mixture into
ungreased 1-quart covered casserole and refrigerate until baking
6) Place stuffed turkey breast,
breast-side up, on rack in roasting pan.
7) Brush with 3 tablespoons melted
8) Bake, basting occasionally, for 2 to 2
1/2 hours or until meat thermometer reaches 170-degrees F. to 175-degrees F. and
turkey breast is no longer pink. Let stand 10 minutes.
9) During last 30 minutes of turkey
breast baking time, bake remaining stuffing for 25 to 30 minutes or
until heated through.