California Turkey Panini
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 to 20 minutes
- Non-stick cooking spray
8 - (1/2-inch thick) slices sourdough bread
4 - Tablespoons olive oil
8 - Tablespoons mayonnaise
12 - ounces roasted turkey breast, sliced thin
8 - Tablespoons coarsely chopped jarred roasted red
- 4 to 8 - Slices Monterey Jack cheese
12 to 20 - leaves
tender arugula (may substitute tender spinach leaves)
- Spray a panini maker with non-stick cooking spray.
Preheat according to the manufacturer�s directions. (See
- Lightly brush one side of each bread slice with olive
- Lay the bread, oiled side down, on a sheet of waxed
- Spread the top of each slice with 1 tablespoon of
- Layer turkey on one slice and top with roasted pepper,
cheese and arugula.
- Top with remaining bread, oiled side
- Place sandwich in hot panini maker and cook until the
bread is golden and the cheese is melted, 3 to 5 minutes.
Slice on the diagonal.
NOTE: Substitute the following procedure to replace the
panini maker. Preheat a grill pan or large nonstick
skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Add
sandwich to pan; top with another heavy skillet. Cook 3-5
minutes on each side or until golden brown.