Makes 4 loaves.
4 - cups boiling water
1 - cup cornmeal
1 - cup cold water
1 - teaspoon salt
4 - cups bread dough
1 - cup molasses
1/2 - teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375° F.
- Add boiling water to the top of a double boiler. In a separate
bowl, mix the cornmeal, cold water, and salt.
- Stir this mixture into
the boiling water.
- Cook together gradually, stirring for 3 minutes,
steaming, covered, for 15 minutes.
- When the mush is smooth, cool,
and add bread dough.
- You should have 4 cup of mush.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine
the bread dough, molasses, and salt.
- Add the mush and make sure to
- The mixture should be thin, then pour into 4 small,
greased bread pans, cover with plastic wrap, and let rise in a warm
spot until dough doubles.
- Place in oven and bake 1 hour and 15