- 1 - cup all-purpose flour, sifted
- 1/2 - teaspoon baking soda
- 2 - teaspoon baking powder
- 1 - Tablespoon sugar
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 2/3 - cup stone-ground cornmeal
- 3 - eggs, beaten
- 1 - cup buttermilk
- 3 - Tablespoons bacon drippings
Preheat oven to 425° F.
Grease and flour a loaf pan.
In a mixing bowl, sift the sifted
Sift the flour, baking soda, and baking powder together.
in the cornmeal.
Add the eggs, milk and bacon drippings to the
batter and beat.
Pour the batter into loaf pan.
Bake in oven for 30