Raised Doughnuts I
Makes about 4 dozen doughnuts.
1 - package active dry yeast
1 - Tablespoon sugar
1-1/2 - cups milk, scaled and cooled to lukewarm
4-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour, sifted
3 - Tablespoons butter, soften
1/2 - cup sugar
1/2 - teaspoon
1/3 - teaspoon
2 - eggs
- Dissolve the yeast and tablespoon sugar in milk.
- Add half the
four and beat thoroughly.
- Cover paste in plastic wrap and let rise 1
hour or double in size.
- In a small bowl, whip the butter and 1/2-cup sugar to a creamy
- Then add and mix the butter-sugar mixture, salt, mace,
eggs, and remaining flour to the paste.
- Beat ingredients into soft
- On a floured board, lightly knead and roll into a ball.
dough in greased bowl and let rise for 1-1/2 hours or doubles in
- In a deep fryer, pour in high quality fat with a �high smoke
point� and temperature at 360� F.
- Remove dough to the floured board and roll to 1/4 - inch
- Using a doughnut cutter, cut into doughnuts.
- Allow the
doughnut to rise for 45 minutes.
- Then quickly deep-fry the doughnuts until golden brown.
and drain on paper towels.
Page 1 of 1