Should make about 24 biscuits.
- 1 - package active dry yeast
1/4 - cup water, lukewarm
3 - Tablespoons sugar
1 - cup milk, scalded cooled to lukewarm
3-1/2 - cups all-purpose flour, sifted
3 - Tablespoons butter
2 - eggs, well beaten
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 375-degrees F.
In a glass, dissolve yeast in water and
add 1-tablespoon sugar.
Allow to foam.
- In a mixing bowl, add milk, half the flour, and beat until
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk butter and sugar to creamy.
- Add the
mixture to the dough.
- Then add the eggs and salt to the dough.
- On a
floured board, lightly knead dough.
- Place dough in a greased bowl,
cover with plastic wrap, and let rise 2 hours or until double in
- On a floured board, roll out dough to 1/2-inch thickness, cut
into round with drinking glass or biscuit cutter.
- Place cutout dough
on greased baking sheet and brush top with melted butter.
- Let rise
for 30 minutes.
- Pop into oven and bake 20 to 25 minutes.