1 - cup milk, scalded
1 - package active dry yeast
1/4 - cup sugar
3 - cups all-purpose flour, sifted
1 - teaspoon salt
1 - egg, beaten
1 - egg yolk, beaten
1/4 - cup butter, melted
1/2 - cup brown sugar
2 - teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 - cup raisins
1/2 - cup almonds, blanched and shredded
Preheat oven to 375� F.
In a saucepan, heat milk and allow to
Pour into a glass, dissolve the yeast, and add a teaspoon
Allow yeast to foam.
- In a mixing bowl, add 1-1/2 cups flour, remaining sugar, salt,
and mix in the yeast.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour or doubles in size.
- Add the egg and egg yolk, melted butter, and the remaining flour.
Remove from bowl and lightly knead.
- Cover and let rise 1 hour.
- On a floured bowl, roll dough to 1/4-inch thickness.
- Brush with
melted butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and sugar.
- Dot the dough
thickly with raisins and almonds.
- Roll up like a jelly-roll and
slice to 1-1/2-inch thickness with a very sharp knife.
- Grease 2
8-inch cake pans.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on bottom.
- Put in the dough
and spread melted butter across the tops.
- Sprinkle brown sugar and
cinnamon across the top.
- Place in oven and bake 25 minutes.
Page 1 of 1