10 dozen cookies
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 12 min
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4-1/2 cups all-purpose four
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon baking
soda dissolved in 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1 cup chopped dates
Preheat oven to 350�F. and grease cookie sheets.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream shortening and sugar and
- Add eggs and beat until light and fluffy.
- Sift flour, salt, and cloves and add alternately with
baking soda-water and molasses. (Beat after each addition.)
- Stir in chopped nut and dates.
- Drop dough by rounded teaspoon onto prepared cookie
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
Page 1 of 1