Beef Liver and Onions
- 1-1/2 pounds
- 2 Tablespoons all-purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon
- 1/2 cup bacon drippings
- 4 cups
1) In a mixing bowl, mix the flour, salt, and pepper. Dredge the beef
2) In a skillet at moderate heat, add 1/4- cup bacon drippings and
quickly brown the liver on all sides. Remove and keep warm.
3) In the skillet at moderate heat, add 1/4-cup bacon and
onions until golden brown.
4) Into the skillet with the
return the beef livers and cook for an additional 5 minutes and serve.
Dutch Did You Know?
Pennsylvania Dutch are a people of various
religious affiliations, most of them Lutheran or Reformed, but
many Anabaptists, non-Christian, and non-religious as well.