with Onion Sauce
Makes 4 servings
sirloin roast (2-inches)
1/2 - cup all-purpose
2 - Tablespoons
Onion Sauce4 - ,
2 - Tablespoons butter
1 - Tablespoon flour
1 - cup milk, scalded
1/2 - teaspoon
1/4 - teaspoon
to 350 F.
- Dredge the roast in flour.
- In a hot frying pan, sear the roast
and browning on both sides.
- After browning the roast, place it in
the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 250� F and
finishing roasting for 30 minutes.
- To make the onion sauce, saut� onions
in a pan at moderate heat with 1-tablespoon butter. Remove the onions
when clear and reserve.
- In pan, melt the butter, add the
flour, and mix into a paste.
- Lower the heat to low and add the
- Stir until sauce is thick and
- Return the onions to the sauce and
cook for 1 minute.
- Stir in 2 or 3 tablespoons of
drippings from the roasting pan to add flavor and color to the
- Season with salt
and pepper, add onion and serve.
PA Dutch Idioms and Expressions