Makes 6 servings.
1 - tablespoon gelatin
1/4 - cup
4 - eggs
1/2 - cup sugar
1-1/2 - teaspoons vanilla
1/4 - teaspoon salt
2 - cups cream
- Soak gelatin in a cup with ice
- Place cup in shallow bowl of hot water until gelatin is
- Beat egg yolks lightly with half the sugar.
- Add gelatin and
- Beat egg whites until stiff with the salt.
- Beat in
balance of sugar.
- Whip cream until stiff, combine with egg yolk
mixture, fold in egg whites.
- Turn into a wet mold and chill.
be served with shredded, blanched, toasted almonds.
Dutch Idioms and Expressions