Makes 1 ( 8-inch) pie
- 2/3 - recipe Sweet Dough
1 - lemon, juice and grated rind
2 - eggs
1 - Tablespoon cornstarch
1 - cup water
1/2 - cup sugar
1 - rounded tablespoon butter
Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350� F.
- To make pastry, use two-thirds
recipe for Sweet Dough.
- Line a pie tin with pastry and bake until
crust is light brown.
Mix egg yolks, cornstarch, water,
sugar, and butter.
- Cook together over boiling water in top of double
boiler, stirring constantly until thick and smooth.
- Add lemon
juice, grated rind, and salt to stiffly beaten egg whites.
- Stir this
mixture into the cooled custard.
- Spread on baked pie shell.
- Top with
- 3 - stiffly beaten egg whites
3 - Tablespoons confectioner's sugar
- Heap meringue lightly on the pie
and bake about 15 minutes, or until meringue is golden brown.
off heat, wedge oven door open a little, and let pie cool slowly in
Page 1 of 1