Makes 1 (9-inch) pie
- 4 eggs, beaten separately
2 cups canned pumpkin
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ginger
1/4 teaspoon cloves
1 Tablespoon flour
2 Tablespoons butter
1/2 cup evaporated milk or cream
1/4 teaspoon salt
Preheat oven to 400- degrees F.
- Use Rich Pastry.
- Beat the egg yolks, mix with pumpkin, add
sugar, cinnamon, ginger, cloves and flour.
- Melt butter, add cream.
- Add salt.
- Line pie dish with pastry, fill
with mixture, bake for 10 minutes to prevent crust from becoming
- Lower heat to 325 - degrees F. and bake 45
minutes longer, when pie should be firm and golden brown.
- Turn off heat and allow pie to
stand in oven 15 minutes longer so the filling may set.