Traditional Amish Wedding dish.
Prep Time: 20 min
Baking Time: 2 hrs
- 5 quarts water
- 3 whole chickens
- 6-1/2 quarts bread crumbs
- 1/2 pound margarine
- 3 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs beaten
- 1/2 pound margarine, melted
- 2 teaspoons parsley flakes
- 6 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic or onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 3 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- In a large pot, add water and chicken. Cook until
chickens are tender.
- Debone chicken and reserve broth.
Preheat oven to 250 F.
- In a pan, add 1/2 pound margarine and bread
crumbs. Brown crumbs, stirring constantly.
- In a bowl, combine bread crumbs, celery, onion,
eggs, margarine, parsley flakes, salt, Celery salt, Garlic salt,
paprika, pepper, and poultry seasoning. Mix well and add chicken broth
until mixture is very moist.
- In the bottom of a large roast pan, put chicken
meat. Cover with bread mixture.
- Roast for 1-1/2 to 2 hours or until golden brown.
Page 1 of 1