Leftover Turkey Soup
4 to 6 servings.
- 1 - leftover turkey bones
- 2 - quarts water
- 1 - cup leftover stuffing
- 2 - stalks celery, chopped
- 1 - carrot, chopped
- 1 - onion, minced
- 2 - cups beef stock
- 2 - Tablespoons rice
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- In a large stockpot at moderate heat,
add the leftover turkey bones.
- Pour in the water to cover and bring
to a boil.
- Add the stuffing, celery, carrot, onion, and beef stock.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer 1 hour.
- Remove turkey bones and clean bones of any meat and cut into
- Pour the stock through a strainer and return stock to
- Add in the leftover turkey meat and rice.
- Set the heat to
low and simmer 30 minutes or until rice is cooked.