4 large jars.
- 4 - pounds ripe crabapples
- 4 - pounds granulated sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons whole allspice
- 2 - Tablespoons whole cloves
- 10 - small pieces stick cinnamon
- 1 - quart white vinegar
- 1-1/2 - cups water
- Parboil crabapples in water until
they can be pricked with a toothpick.
- Combine sugar and water and simmer
over low heat to form syrup.
- Tie spices in cheesecloth bag and
drop in to the syrup.
- Cook and stir until syrup threads
- Pack crabapples in hot, sterilized
- Pour syrup over them, filing jars
until almost overflow.