Spiced Pears II
- 7 - pounds pears, peeled and cut
- 1 - pint water
- 3 - pounds brown sugar
- 1 - teaspoon cloves
- 1 - teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 - Tablespoons vinegar
- In a large pan at moderate heat,
place pears and add water.
- Cook 30 minutes or until pears are
- Drain water and tie cloves and
cinnamon in cheesecloth bag.
- Add brown sugar, vinegar, and
spices to the pears.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 30
minutes, stirring and adding a little water if needed.
- When mixture thickens, remove
spice bag and pour into hot, sterilized jars.