Makes 2 jars
- 1-1/2 pounds brown sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 container whole cloves
- 3 pounds peaches
- To prepare the syrup, in a
saucepan at moderate heat, add the sugar, water, and vinegar.
- Stir until the syrup threads from
- Into the peaches, stick 1 or 2
- Add the peaches to the syrup and
boil until peaches are tender. Be careful not to break the
- Add water to keep the peaches in
syrup. Cook for 45 minutes.
- When the peaches are cooked and
syrup is thick, remove and put into hot, sterilized jars.
- Pour syrup over peaches until
almost filling the jars.