Watermelon Pickle I
- 1 - pounds watermelon rind, 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 2 - pints salted water
- 1 - cup vinegar
- 1 - cup sugar
- 3 - drops oil of cloves
- 3 - drops oil of cinnamon
- 1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large saucepan at moderate heat, put the watermelon rind
and pour in the salted water.
- Boil the rinds for 30 minutes or until rind is tender. Drain.
- In a saucepan at moderate-low heat, combine the vinegar,
sugar, oil of cloves, oil of cinnamon, and lemon juice.
- Simmer until it comes to a boil.
- When boiling fast, add the watermelon rind.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer 45 minutes or when syrup should
be thick and watermelon rind transparent.
- Fill hot, sterilized jars and seal.
Page 1 of 1