Corn Pie II
Makes 6 servings
Prep Time: 20 min
Chilling Time: 30 min
Baking Time: 10 min + 20 min
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons ice water
- Corn filling
- 3 cups
- 1 small
raw potato, minced
hard-boiled eggs, chopped
Tablespoons butter, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
Preheat oven to 375� F.
- In a bowl, sift the flour and salt tighter.
- Cut in the butter and lightly mix the
- In the egg yolk add the water and pour into the
flour mixture. Mix and roll into a ball.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30
minutes to chill.
- On a floured board, divide the dough into half
and roll out one-half the dough to a 1/8-inch thickness.
- Line a deep, 9-inch pie dish with the pastry.
- To prepare the corn filling, in a bowl, add the
- Then add the potato and hard-boiled eggs.
- Sprinkle the salt and pepper and lightly mix.
- Pour the corn mixture into the pie shell. Dot the
corn filling with butter.
- On the floured board, roll the top crust. With a
sharp knife make a cross gash in the center.
- Put the top crust on the pie shell, seal and
crimp the edges.
- Fold back the corners of the gash and pour in the
milk to keep filling moist.
- Add more milk, if necessary, during the baking.
- Place in oven and bake 10 minutes.
- Lower the heat to 325� F. and bake 20 minutes
Page 1 of 1