Discover Sinkhole Campground
One quarter mile north of State Highway 260 towards Willow Springs
Lake on Forest Road 149. Forest Road 149 is located approximately 1
mile east of the Rim Visitor Information Station or 25 miles west of
- 7,560 feet above sea level.
- Generally May 1 to October 31. Earlier or later depending
View Larger Map
- 26 family camping units
- Tents, trailers and small motorhomes up to 32 foot
- Tables, campfire grills
- Drinking water
- Garbage facilities
- Campground hosts
- Paved roads
- Boat Ramp located nearby at Willow Springs Lake
Fee: Sitgreaves NF Campground Fee Schedule
Features and Setting:
- Located in the ponderosa pine forest, this campground is
within walking distance of Willow Springs Lake which provides
boating and fishing opportunities. Hiking and mountain biking
opportunities are nearby in the non-motorized Wildlife Area.
The General Crook National Recreation Trail is also within a
mile of the campground. Be prepared for rain, often heavy,
through July and August. Expect cool to cold nighttime
- Utility hookups are not available.
- Cul-de-sac design, parallel parking only
- Pets must be restrained or on a leash.
- Gas, telephones, and groceries, are available at Forest
Lakes, 6 miles east.
- Nearest full service community is Payson, AZ, 31 miles west
via Hwy 260.
- Family units are on a first come - first serve basis.
- Willow Springs Lake is limited to boat motors up to 8