Discover Gentry Campground
Approximately 5 miles south of the junction of State Highway 260 and
Forest Road 300. Forest Road 300 (south) is located 13 miles west of
- 7,725 feet above sea level.
- Generally May 1 to October 31. Earlier or later depending
View Larger Map
- 6 family campsites
- Tents and trailers up to 16 feet
- Campfire grills and picnic tables.
- Vault toilets.
- Gravel roads
Fee: Sitgreaves NF Campground Fee Schedule
Features and Setting:
- Gentry Lookout is located nearby and is open to the public
during the summer unless posted otherwise. Fishing and boating
(electric motors only) opportunities are popular at Black Canyon
Lake which is located 4.5 miles northeast along Forest Road 86.
The campground is set among the ponderosa pines.
- Provide your own water.
- Pack it in, Pack it out.
- Stay away from lookout tower during lighting storms.
- Gas, phone, and groceries are available 10.5 miles west at
- Nearest full service community is Payson, AZ, 50 miles west
via Hwy 260.