143 S. Third Street
Philadelphia, PA 19106
WELCOME to Carpenters
Carpenters' Hall is a treasure in historic
Philadelphia. It hosted the First Continental Congress in 1774 and
was home to Franklin's Library Company, The American Philosophical
Society, and the First and Second Banks of the United States.
Today, Carpenters' Hall is open to the
public and welcomes over 150,000 world-wide visitors to this
wonderful Georgian building.
Set humbly back from Chestnut Street, the
Hall has been continuously owned and operated by The Carpenters'
Company of the City and County of Philadelphia, the oldest trade
guild in America, since 1770.
Today it is also part of Independence
National Historical Park.