Chicken-Vegetable Pot Pies
6 pot pies
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 50 min.
Baking Time: 1 hr.
- 12 oz
- 2 1/2 cups Water
- 2 Medium
peeled and cut into 1/2″ cubes
- 1/2 cup chopped
- 1 teaspoon dry
chicken bouillon powder
- 1 package (10
oz) frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 Tablespoon
- 2 Tablespoon
- 1 cup skim
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 can (4 oz)
1) Combine chicken and water in a large saucepan.
Bring to a boil.
2) Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes or
until chicken is tender.
3) Remove chicken, reserving broth. Bone chicken,
and cut meat into bite-size pieces. Set aside.
4) Add potatoes, celery, and bouillon powder to
broth and bring to a boil.
5) Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 15 to 20 minutes
or until potatoes are tender.
6) Stir in mixed vegetables. Set aside.
7) Melt 2 Tablespoon margarine in a heavy saucepan
over low heat.
8) Add 2 Tablespoons flour, stirring until smooth.
Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
9) Gradually add skim milk; cook over med heat,
stirring constantly, until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
10) Remove from heat; stir in poultry seasoning.
11) Combine reserved chicken, vegetable mixture,
white sauce, and mushrooms in a large bowl.
12) Spoon into individual baking dishes that have
been coated with Pam.
Preheat oven to 350-degrees F.
13) CRUST: In a small bowl, combine 1 cup flour,
baking powder, and salt.
14) Cut in 1 Tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons
margarine with a pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse meal.
Stir in buttermilk.
15) Spoon biscuit dough into 6 portions over
16) Place in oven and bake for 1 hour or until
biscuits are golden.