Ambrosia In A Cup
Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 25 min
Baking Time: 20 min
- 4 - large oranges
- 2 - cups fresh pineapple chunks*
- 1/4 - cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 - Tablespoons honey
- 1/4 - cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Pomegranate seeds or quartered maraschino cherries
Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut oranges in half crosswise. Remove fruit carefully with small
serrated knife. Cut orange into pieces.
- In a medium bowl, toss together orange pieces, pineapple, brown
sugar and honey. Spoon into orange cups.
- Place filled cups into ungreased 15x10x1-inch jelly-roll pan.
Bake for 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle with coconut. Continue baking for 5 to 10 minutes until
fruit is heated through and coconut is lightly.
- Sprinkle with pomegranate seeds or maraschino cherry pieces.
*Substitute 2 cups canned pineapple chunks or 2 (8-ounce) cans
Alan's Kitchen Tips:
- To loosen fruit, push thumb down gently in a circular manner
between fruit and peel. Continue pushing thumb in same manner
around fruit until fruit can be removed from peel.
- Place small square of aluminum foil around outside of peel
before filling orange cup to prevent juices from coming out when
ambrosia is baked in conventional oven. Remove aluminum foil
- For make ahead, prepare orange cups and fruit mixture ahead of
time. Just before serving time, fill orange cups and bake as
directed above. Place small square of aluminum foil around outside
of peel before filling orange cup to prevent juices from coming
out when ambrosia is baked.
Page 1 of 1