Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Cool and Crisp Albacore Pasta Salad
Prep time: 15 min.
Chilling time: 1 hr.
- 8 - ounces dry bow tie (farfalle) pasta,
- 1 - can (28 ounces each) Petite Diced
- 1 - can (12 ounces each) albacore tuna,
- 1 - large cucumber, peeled, seeded and
- 3/4 - cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 - cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 - cup sliced green onions
- 1/2 - cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1 - teaspoon lemon pepper seasoning
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 8 - large lettuce leaves, optional
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Drain. Rinse with cold water.
- In large serving bowl, combine tomatoes,
tuna, cucumber, carrots, mayonnaise, onions,
basil, lemon pepper and salt.
- Add cooled pasta. Gently toss until well
- Cover and refrigerate 1 hour.
- Serve on lettuce leaf-lined salad plates, if
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Great Substitute: Diced Tomatoes, drained,
or Whole Peeled Tomatoes, cut up and drained,
can be substituted for the Petite Diced
Page 1 of 1