Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Seared Scallops on Mixed Greens with Citrus
6 servings (1 salad each)
Prep time: 20 min.
Cooking time: 10 min.
- 1 - teaspoon grated orange peel
- 1 - teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 - teaspoon minced garlic
- 2 - teaspoons Gulden's Zesty Honey
- 3 - Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 1 - Tablespoon lime juice
- 1 - Tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 - cup olive oil
- 3/4 - teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground black pepper
- 18 - sea scallops, muscle tab removed,
patted dry (18 = about 1-1/2 lb)
- 1 - teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground black pepper
- No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 7-1/2 - cups mixed greens (7-1/2 cups =
about 15 oz)
- 1 - orange, segmented
- Make Vinaigrette:
- Place orange peel, lime peel, garlic,
mustard, orange juice, lime juice and
vinegar in medium bowl; whisk to combine.
- Slowly add half of the oil drop by drop
to juice mixture, whisking constantly.
- Continue whisking and add remaining oil
in a slow stream.
- Blend in 3/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4
teaspoon black pepper; set aside.
- Sprinkle scallops with 1 teaspoon salt
and 1/2 teaspoon pepper.
- Make Salad:
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat over high heat until hot.
- Place half of scallops in skillet and
cook 2 to 3 minutes on each side or until
opaque and firm to touch.
- Remove from skillet and keep warm.
- Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Toss greens with vinaigrette.
- Place equal amounts of greens on 6
- Place 3 scallops on the side of each
salad; garnish with orange segments.
- Serve immediately.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Unsure of how to pick fresh scallops? Fresh
scallops are creamy beige to light pink in
color. They should have a sweet pleasant smell
and be almost dry to the touch.
Page 1 of 1