Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Curried Pork Salad
Prep time: 15 min.
- 1 - can mandarin oranges (11 ounces)
- 1 - Fresh Tenderloin, cooked and cut into
- 1/4 - cup green onion, chopped
- 1/2 - cup plain yogurt
- 1 - Tablespoon curry powder
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 2 - cups white rice, cooked; room
- 1/4 - cup celery, diced
- 1/4 - cup raisins
- 1/4 - cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/4 - cup peanuts, roasted and coarsely
- Drain mandarin oranges, reserving 3
- In a large bowl, toss together pork, rice,
oranges, celery, onion and raisins.
- In a small bowl, blend reserved juice,
yogurt, mayonnaise, curry powder and salt.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss gently to
coat all ingredients.
- Place salad in shallow serving bowl; garnish
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Serve with toasted pita bread wedges for a
lunch or light supper.
Page 1 of 1