Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, & Backyard Recipes
Tomato Basil Salad with Mozzarella
Prep time: 30 min.
- Pasta Ingredients:
- 3 - ounces uncooked dried angel hair
pasta (capellini), broken into thirds
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 - cup olive or vegetable oil
- 1/4 - cup red wine vinegar or cider
- 2 - teaspoons sugar
- 1 - teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1/8 - teaspoon salt
- 1/8 - teaspoon coarse ground pepper
- Salad Ingredients:
- 1/4 - cup chopped fresh basil leaves or
2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 4 - medium Roma tomatoes, sliced
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Mozzarella Cheese,
- Leaf lettuce
- Fresh basil leaves, if desired
Cook pasta according to package directions.
Rinse with cold water and drain.
- Meanwhile, in a jar with tight-fitting lid,
combine oil, vinegar, sugar, garlic, salt, and
pepper. Shake well.
- Just before serving, in a large bowl,
combine cooked pasta, basil, tomatoes and
Mozzarella cheese. Gently stir in dressing.
- Place 1 lettuce leaf on each individual
serving plate or line large serving plate with
- Arrange salad on plates. Garnish with
additional basil leaves.
Page 1 of 1