Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, &
Potato-Vegetable Salad with Cilantro
Prep time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 25 min.
Chilling time: 1 or 2 hrs.
- 1 1/2 - pounds white potatoes (4
medium), each cut in half
- Cilantro Dressing
- 1/3 - cup olive or vegetable oil
- 2 - Tablespoons chopped fresh
- 3 - Tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1/2 - medium cucumber, seeded,
- 1/2 - medium green bell pepper,
- 4 - medium green onions, sliced
- 1 - medium tomato, seeded, coarsely
chopped (3/4 cup)
- Chopped fresh cilantro, if desired
- In 3-quart saucepan, heat 1 inch water
(salted if desired) to boiling. Add potatoes.
- Cover and heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat. Simmer covered 20 to 25
minutes or until tender.
- While potatoes are cooking, in tightly
covered container, shake vegetable oil, cilantro, vinegar,
salt, ground cumin, and red pepper until blended.
- Drain potatoes and cool slightly.
Remove skins if desired.
- Cut potatoes into cubes (about 4 cups).
- In large bowl, pour dressing over warm
- Add cucumber, bell pepper, onions and
tomato. Toss to mix.
- Serve immediately, or cover and
refrigerate 1 to 2 hours until chilled.
- Stir gently before serving. Garnish
Page 1 of