Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, &
Zucchini and Tomatoes with Cheese
Prep time: 15 min.
- Salad Ingredients
- 2 - cups (1/2 pint) cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 - small (2 cups) zucchini, cut in half lengthwise,
cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 4 - ounces (1 cup) Monterey Jack Cheese, cut into
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/2 - cup prepared Italian vinaigrette salad dressing
- 2 - Tablespoons chopped fresh basil leaves or 2
teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 - Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, zucchini, and cheese.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in 1-cup glass measures
combine dressing, basil, and mustard. Mix well.
- Pour dressing over salad ingredients and mix well.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- Place each salad ingredient into separate resealable
plastic food bags. Place dressing into resealable plastic
food bag. Place bags into cold picnic cooler. Assemble salad
as directed above at serving time.
Page 1 of