Cooking, Picnic, Tailgate, &
Warm Red Cabbage Salad
4 (3/4-cup) servings
Prep time: 10 min.
Cooking time: 6 min.
- 2 - Tablespoons butter
- 1 - teaspoon finely chopped fresh
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 2 - cups coarsely shredded red cabbage
- 1 - medium tart cooking apple, cored,
- 1 - medium (1/2 cup) onion, chopped
- 2 - Tablespoons balsamic vinegar or
red wine vinegar
- 1/4 - cup chopped fresh parsley
- Melt butter in 10-inch nonstick skillet
- Stir in garlic, salt and pepper.
- Add cabbage, apple and onion.
- Continue cooking over medium heat,
stirring occasionally, until cabbage is crisply tender (6 to
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar;
sprinkle with parsley.
Page 1 of