Tossed Greens with Sesame and Oranges
6 servings (about 1 cup each)
Prep time: 10 min.
Chilling time: 15 min.
- 1 - can (11-ounces) mandarin orange
- 3 - Tablespoons seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 - Tablespoon honey
- 1 - teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/8 - teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 5 - cups bite-size pieces lettuce
- 1 - cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 - cup canned bean sprouts, rinsed and
- 1/3 - cup sliced red onion
- 2 - teaspoons sesame seed, toasted
- Drain orange segments, reserving
2-Tablespoons liquid for dressing.
- Place orange segments in shallow glass
or plastic dish.
- In tightly covered container, shake
orange liquid, vinegar, honey, oil and cinnamon until well
blended. Pour over oranges.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 15
- In large bowl, toss lettuce, mushrooms,
bean sprouts and onion.
- Spoon oranges and dressing onto salad;
- Sprinkle with sesame seed.
Alan's Kitchen Tip:
- To toast sesame seed, cook in an
ungreased heavy skillet over medium heat about 2 minutes,
stirring frequently until browning begins, then stirring
constantly until golden brown.
- If you have only plain rice vinegar in
your cupboard, you can �season� it with a pinch of sugar
and salt and use it in place of the seasoned rice vinegar
Page 1 of