- 4 - slices bacon
- 4 - cups raw, spinach, chopped and
- 2 - Tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 - Tablespoons flour
- 1 - teaspoon salt
- 2-1/2 - Tablespoons sugar
- 1 - cup milk
- 2 - eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 - Tablespoons cider vinegar
a skillet at moderate heat, fry bacon until crisp. Remove
the bacon and place on paper towels.
- Drain skillet (reserving
2 tablespoons bacon drippings), and return reserved
- Reduce heat to low and
slowly add the flour, salt, and sugar.
- Stir constantly while
slowly adding milk. Bring mixture to a boil and stir for 3
- Remove from stove and slowly pour
into a bowl with the beaten eggs. Pour mixture into the
top half of a double boiler to keep hot.
- Wash and drain spinach. 15 minutes
before serving mix the spinach with the dressing and