the years, when we had a family picnic, everyone wanted my mother's potato salad.
is a family favorite. Maybe it is our Pennsylvania German heritage,
but it was a recipe from a next door neighbor. She was French. That goes to show you.
- Boil potatoes with skins on until
tender. Remove from water and let potatoes cool.
- Peel and dice into 1/2 inch
- Place potatoes in large mixing bowl.
- Add onions and celery.
- To prepare dressing, in a sauce
pan, heat eggs, milk, prepared
mustard, dry mustard and mayonnaise.
- Add the sugar, flour, pepper, butter, vinegar,
water, and celery seed.
- Wisk until well mixed and thick, just warm.
- Add dressing to the potatoes, onions and celery.
- Place in serving dish.
- Layer the hard boiled eggs over the top.
- Then garnish with the paprika and parsley.
Make this a day or two ahead.
large plastic container and keep lid tight. Pack into the ice chest
and open when you are ready to serve.
this has mayonnaise, keep in cold ice chest until ready to eat.
Page 1 of 1