Makes 4 servings
Prep Time: 15 min.
Grilling Time: 12 min.
- 1 - pound lean ground beef
- 3/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/2 - teaspoon pepper
- 4 - slices (1-ounce each) Deli Swiss
or American Cheese*
- 4 - hamburger buns
- 1 - cup sauerkraut, drained
- 1/2 - teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1/4 - cup Thousand Island salad
- 4 - thin slices deli corned beef
Preheat gas grill on medium or charcoal
grill until coals are ash white.
- In a medium bowl, you want to
lightly mix ground beef, salt and pepper.
- Shape into 4 patties. Place patties
- Grill, turning once, until internal
temperature reaches at least 160�F. or 10 to 12 minutes or until
meat is no longer pink in center.
- Top each patty with 1 slice cheese
during last minute of grilling.
- Place cut-sides of buns onto grill.
Grill until toasted.
- While burgers are grilling, you want
to combine sauerkraut and caraway seeds in small bowl.
- Spread 2 teaspoons dressing onto
each toasted bun half. Place burgers onto bottom bun half; top
with 1 slice corned beef, 1/4 cup sauerkraut mixture and top bun
*Substitute 2 slices Deli Reduced Fat
Swiss Cheese, each cut in half.