Jamaican Mini-Burgers with Apricot Pineapple Salsa
- Burger Patties
- 1-1/4 - pounds ground beef chuck
- 2 - teaspoons Jamaican jerk spice seasoning
- 1/2 - teaspoon salt
- Cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1 - container (24 oz.) tropical mixed fruit, drained
- 1/4 - cup Apricot-Pineapple Preserves
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 - Tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped
- Butter No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 4 - slices provolone cheese, halved
- 8 - mini-sized pita pockets, with top 1/4 of pita cut off
- Into a medium bowl, crumble ground beef.
- Add Jamaican seasoning, salt and cayenne.
- Gently combine ingredients well and shape meat into eight
4-inch patties. Refrigerate.
- Cut pineapple from fruit mix in quarters and chop
remaining fruit into 3/8-inch pieces.
- Place fruit in small bowl. Add preserves, lime juice and
cilantro; stir to combine.
Coat unheated grill grate with no-stick cooking spray. Heat
grill to medium-high (350-degrees F to 400-degrees F).
- Grill patties 3 to 5 minutes per side or until juices run
- Top each burger with half slice of provolone during the
last 2 minutes of grilling.
- Place a burger in each pita; top with apricot-pineapple