Crab & Pea Pod Pita
You find this sandwich a cool and crunchy
crabmeat mixture is tucked into pita bread halves in this
Makes 8 sandwiches
Prep Time: 20 min.
- Crab Mixture Ingredients:
- 8 - ounces imitation crabmeat, drained, flaked
- 2 - cups fresh pea pods or snow peas, cut into
- 1/2 - cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 2 - Tablespoons chopped red bell pepper
- 2 - Tablespoons sliced green onions
- Dressing Ingredients:
- 1/4 - cup fat free mayonnaise
- 1 - Tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 1 - teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 - teaspoon curry powder
- Pita Ingredients:
- 4 - whole wheat pita pockets, cut in half
- 8 - lettuce leaves
- 4 - (1-ounce) slices Deli Reduced Fat Swiss Cheese, cut
- Combine all crab mixture ingredients in large bowl.
- Combine all dressing ingredients in small bowl; toss with
- Line pita pockets with lettuce leaf.
- Place 1 piece cheese in each pita pocket.
- Fill with 1/2 cup salad mixture.
Alanís Kitchen Tip
- Serve as a plated salad. Place lettuce leaf onto plate;
top with salad mixture.
- Serve with slices of melon.
- Serve as filling for tomatoes.
Nutrition Facts (1 serving):
Calories: 250, Fat: 7g, Cholesterol: 50mg
Sodium: 390mg, Carbohydrates: 28g
Dietary Fiber: 4g, Protein: 20g
Page 1 of 1
Comment on your favorite picnic, tailgate,
backyard, lunch, dinner or anytime menu ideas on Alan's