Jerk Steak Tacos
Prep Time: 20 min.
Chilling Time: 8 hrs.
Grilling Time: 29 min.
Standing Time: 10 min.
- 4 - green onions (coarsely chopped)
- 1 - garlic clove
- 1 - jalapeno pepper (seeded)
- 1 - Tablespoon ground allspice
- 1 - teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 - teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 - Tablespoons line juice
- 1 to 1-1/2 - pounds flank stead
- 1 - bunch green onions
- 3 - large tomatoes
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 8 - flour (8-inch) tortillas (warmed)
- In a blender or a food processor, process 4 green onions, garlic clove,
jalapeno pepper, allspice, thyme, nutmeg, ground red pepper, and line
juice until smooth. (Stop to scrape down sides.)
- Spread seasoning mixture evenly over steak. Cover and chill for 8
- Grill steak, covered with grill lid, medium-high heat (350° F. to
400° F.) 6 to 7 minutes on each side or to desire degree on doneness.
- Let stand 10 minutes. Cut into thin slices.
- Coat green onion bunch and tomatoes evenly with vegetable spray.
- Grill over medium-high heat for 10 to 15 minutes. You want to
- Coarsely chop vegetables.
- Place steak and vegetables in tortillas. Serve.
Per serving: Calories 232 (26% from fat)
Fat 6.6g (sat 2g, mono 1.8g, poly 0.3g)
Protein 16g, Carb 29g, Fiber 2.5g
Chol 29mg, Iron 3.2mg
Sodium 399mg, Calc 89mg
Page 1 of 1
Comment on your favorite picnic, tailgate,
backyard, lunch, dinner or anytime menu ideas on Alan's