Barbecue Chicken On
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 13 min.
Broiling Time: 2 min.
- 1/2 - cup red wine vinegar or
- 1/4 - cup firmly packed brown
- 1 - can (8-ounce) tomato
- 1 - can (6-ounce) tomato
- 1 - small onion, sliced
- 1/2 - teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1/4 - teaspoon salt
- 1/4 - teaspoon pepper
- 2-1/2 - cups shredded cooked
- 6 - onion buns, cut in half
- 1 - medium green bell pepper,
sliced into 12 rings
- 3 - ounces (3/4 cup) Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- In a 2-quart saucepan, you want to
combine vinegar, brown sugar, tomato sauce, tomato paste, onion,
liquid smoke, salt, and pepper.
- Cook over medium heat for 8 to 10
minutes, stirring occasionally, or until slightly thickened and
- Stir in chicken and continue
cooking for 5 to 10 minutes or until chicken is heated through.
Meanwhile, heat broiler. Place
bottom halves of buns on baking sheet.
- Divide barbecue mixture evenly
among bottom bun halves.
- Top with green pepper rings;
sprinkle with cheese.
- Broil 2 to 4 inches from heat for
2 to 3 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Top with remaining bun halves.
Page 1 of 1